When you were a child, were you scared of evil goblins hiding under your bed or terrifying monsters in the closet? Probably, as an adult, you don’t believe in such mystic creatures hanging in the dark corners of your room. However, without realizing it, you might be sheltering a familiar baddie threatening your property and health. Mold! Mold can be growing unnoticed in many homes, often hidden, behind the tiles, inside the walls, under suspended ceilings, and other ignored places. Although it is not likely to turn into a supernatural beast, mold still poses great risks to your health and is really dangerous in many ways.
Of course, it is stressful for anyone to find mold in their home, but there is no reason to panic. Professionals at mold removal company in Albuquerque can inspect and remove any mold damages. These experts know and have specialized equipment to eradicate mold efficiently. However, sometimes it can be difficult to tell when to call. To make it easy for you, we have listed a few signs to look for while inspecting mold infestation that demands an immediate call to mold remediation services.
Even if you couldn’t locate the mold in your house, you can possibly smell a moldy odor and likely spot its presence. Many homeowners say that mold smells like decaying wood or wet socks. The smell is humid, musty, and moist. It is easy to detect mold as being out of the ordinary.
The musty smell, as we know, is undoubtedly unpleasant, but it can be more threatening than that. When you can smell a strong moldy odor in your house, it means that spores are in the air. In other words, you may be already breathing those spores, which can be hazardous to your health. Some health problems related to mold infestation include:
- Asthma reaction
- Allergy symptoms
- Sore throat
- Digestive problems
Don’t ignore such smell and allow your nose to get used to it. Call Albuquerque mold removal professionals without ado if you suspect the unpleasant odor can be due to mold.
Mold not only causes structural damage but also health risks, as listed above. Breathing and smelling in mold can easily put the members of the home at risk, particularly elderly and young children. It can also affect people with weak immune systems. So, it is vital to address the mold problems immediately. Don’t let health issues become an adverse side effect of mold in your home. Call professionals right away if you feel suspicious that the illness may be due to the presence of mold.
If you are unaware, mold feeds on organic matter and breaks it down. When mold infests your walls, wood, carpeting, and insulation, there is always the risk of the fungi doing its thing and compromising your home’s structure. If you happen to find any structural damages, it is best advised to call professionals before the problem worsens.
Mold can come from many sources and affect your building and your health. Any time you see a sign, don’t wait to call professionals to remove and remediate the mold from your home completely, once and for all.